Indergaard Physiotherapy now offers The Mummy MOT
What is a Mummy MOT?
The Mummy MOT is a specialist post-natal assessment recommended for all women following delivery – anytime from 6 weeks or many years after. A specialist pelvic health physiotherapist assesses the strength and function of the pelvic floor and tummy muscles to address any current problems related to childbirth and also help prevent any future issues
Our aim is to empower women, allowing them to regain control over their health and well-being, improving quality of life.
What does the Mummy MOT include?
- 1-hour post-natal assessment with a Specialist Post-natal Health Physiotherapist
- In depth check of pelvic floor strength
- Abdominal muscle exam to check for separation
- Assessment of any physical problems arising from pregnancy and birth
- A bespoke post-natal recovery programme devised especially for you, your lifestyle and fitness goals. This includes specific and safe post-natal exercises to improve stability, posture and core strength
- Cost: £80 including assessment and recovery programme
Who needs a Mummy MOT?
All Women should seek a Mummy MOT. Pregnancy and birth place significant pressure on the pelvic floor and abdominal muscles. It is therefore no surprise that after having a baby, half of all women experience abdominal or pelvic floor weakness. This can lead to poor core strength and/or bladder, bowel and sexual dysfunction. All of which can be treated once assessed by a pelvic health physiotherapist.
The assessment is suitable for all Mums from six weeks and beyond, especially if you are suffering in any way. Some women will still have a tummy gap and pelvic floor issues years after birth. It’s never too late to make an appointment and can definitely still benefit from the session!